Big Mill Lsg
Two conjoined Timberjigs. Perfect for slicing up large logs.
Components: 2 TimberJigs, 1 LSG kit with bar nose steering.
Log Diameter: Max. 135 cm (53")
This is how you do it: First, you fit something straight onto the log, e.g. a ladder or a wooden constuction. This will guide the first cut. Then you take the next cut, letting the saw be guided by the sawn surface of the first cut, almost like a cheese slicer. Maximum depth of the cuts is 20 cm (8"). You can either cut wide, rough-edged boards, or saw beams that are then cut into ordinary edged planks and boards, using one of the TimberJigs. Provided that the first cut is perfect, the LSG cuts large logs with very high precision. With a 90 cm (35") long guide bar, you can take 75 cm (30") wide cuts.
Worth Knowing about the Big Mill System
- Cut as short logs as possible, and you will get better precision and the work will be easier. The aluminium guide rails can be fitted together and extended when required. They are available in the length of 0.5 m (1.6 ft), 1 m (3.3 ft), and 2.75 m (9 ft).
- When the guide rail is over 4 m (13 ft) long, a guide rail prop should be fitted at the middle of the log; when it is over 7 m (22 ft) long, two guide rail props should be used.
- If you want to upgrade your sawing, the TimberJig and guide rails of Big Mill System are compatible with the Logosol Sawmill and Woodworker’s Mill.
- The packages are composed to give you what you need, but all components in the system can also be ordered separately.
- More information about all the possibilities, components and accessories of the system, are described in the manual.
- We can provide you with a chainsaw, guide bar, and chains that are suited for sawing logs, but you can just as well use standard equipment if you already have a chainsaw with two bar bolts.
- Sawing is great fun! The feeling when holding your first board is hard to beat.